Monday, January 12, 2009

Entry 1: Blog Netiquette

Hi children, welcome to blogosphere!

In order to maintain a conducive virtual environment for engaged reading, writing and reflective thinking, it's crucial that we observe blog netiquette at all times.


In my opinion, blog netiquette is to:

1) Increase reader friendliness

  • It's useful to keep our writing brief by summarising main points and using bullets and numbered lists wherever appropriate.
  • We can proof-read our writing for grammatical errors and ambiguity.
  • We can ensure the colours of background and fonts are contrastive to ease reading.

2) Observe web courtesy

  • It is important to exercise racial, religious and political sensitivity.
  • We have to make feelings/intentions explicit as our readers can only interpret our feelings/intentions from the writing.
  • We should identify ourselves (using pseudonym) if we add comments to our classmates' blogs so that they can reply to our contribution.

3) Respect copyright

  • We must remember to acknowledge the sources of facts cited in our postings.

  • We can link the original sites so that readers can find out more or verify our post.

4) Protect privacy

  • It is good to be discreet about revealing photographs of and information about ourselves.
So, what is blog netiquette in your perspective? Please share your views in your blog.

Remember to find out what blog netiquette means to your classmates too. You can leave your constructive comments on their blog! Have fun, children. I'm looking forward to read all your entries.

Note:All images used in this entry are taken from Yahoo! Search.

27 comments:

Jazreel Tay Hui Ying said...

Dear mrs tan, i have finish my blog Entry 1.

Abdul Karim said...

i am done with the entry from karim

Ang Heng Di said...

Dear Mrs Tan,

I am Ang Heng Di and I have completed Entry 1.

Anonymous said...

Dear mrs tan,

i have completed the blog homework.

Chan Juin Jieg said...

i am juinjieg and i have finished.

Denise Lim Rui Han said...

Hi Mrs Tan i am Denise Lim.I have
written my blog:)

Sheryl Chan said...

Dear:Mrs Tan
I Sheryl Chan has finish my post

Sng Yi Xuan said...

Dear:Mrs Tan i am Sng Yi Xuan i have completed my blog

joshua lim said...

Hi joshua lim here.I have everything already.

Ryan Wee Wen Cong said...

Ryan WEE:I did the blog post.

Weikiat said...

This is Weikiat.I have compeleted Entry1

Kitson Low Zhi Sheng said...

Mrs Tan
I cannot publish my posts

S...S...A said...

Mrs Tan i have done my work (safira)

Anonymous said...

dear Mrs Tan,
i'm hubert,i have complete my entry 1.

Toy benjamin said...

I am Toy Benjamin. I have finsih my assignment on the blog netiquette .

soh ying zong said...

soh ying zong has done entry 1.

Berenice Low said...

dear mrs tan i am berenice. i have finish my blog
entry 1

Michelle Foo said...

Dear mrs tan,

i am michelle I have done blogging

TechClass @ Work said...

Thanks Children for your reflection. Kitson, your entry has been published. Please take a look again.

Anonymous said...

I'm done with my blog!

Anonymous said...

dear mrs tan i think my blog was not well done.so i did a new one.

Yong Zheng Wei said...

I have finished.Yong Zheng Wei.

Sean Lim said...

Dear Mrs Tan,
I am Sean Lim i had completed entry 1

Sean Lim said...

Dear Mrs Tan my blog is sean43312009.blogspot.com not sean41312009.blogspot.com sorry for disturbing

Denise Lim Rui Han said...

Dear Mrs Tan i am Denise Lim.I have done bogging my total defence day blog.

Nelson Ng said...

I finished doing entry 1.

Nelson Ng said...

I finished entry 1